1.30.2012

Ami Dolls: Would you be my Valentine?


Valentine's Day is one of those celebrations that my husband and I love to share with our girls. On that day, the little ones come up with an abundance of drawings, handmade cards and little treats that really make our hearts go Awww!! Over the years, we (the adults) have given up the fancy dinner for two and switched to a family date, a day to say "I love you" as many times as we can, a 24-hour period to hug and kiss without restrictions.
Looking at our collection of paper hearts and handmade cards, they all seem so creative and cute, but when I get into the girls' stack of Valentine's gifts from us, the feeling is totally opposite. A boring repetition of white bears and pink puppies holding red hearts is all they have. No wonder why these stuffed animals are buried in a toy box....zero love!!
Definitely, I must do better this year and these gorgeous, little creatures from Ami Dolls are giving me a Valentine's inspiration... "Ami" means "friend" in French and that is what these dolls are all about... Friendly characters, each one with its own story, carefully handmade with love in Portland, Oregon and very well designed. The collection is small, but so unique I doubt you would not fall in love with one of them.

Ami Dolls available here

1 comment:

Videos For Kids said...

Incredible post and very educative. Thanks for sharing!

data-pin-hover="true"