2.12.2013

Get Crafty... and Make Fabulous Valentine's Day Cards with Your Kids


Valentine's Day preparations are in full force... Next in my list, handmade Valentine's cards for my girls' friends at school. I could have spent a week surfing the internet and getting inspired by my favorite blogs and their tutorials... Soo many!!  It seems like love and friendship really get people's creativity flowing, and my power of decision a little weakened. I was finally able to pick five projects, but left in my Pinterest board "Valentine's XOXO" over one hundred theme-related ideas for everyone to explore.

A craft that I am fascinated with is the Play Mail Box, shown above, created by Mermag. How original is that? A mailbox made of cereal boxes and duct tape. Genius!! ...and so useful for little ones to carry all of their Valentine's presents, especially those in Pre-K or Kindergarten... Extremely cute!!

Next: Cheerleader Valentine's + Free Printable by See Jane Blog. A perfect card for my 10 yr./old Naomi who, at this point feels, like any card bought in a store is either too childish, or just not cool enough... Great for her girlfriends who also feel the same way.


Something for the boys!! We usually take a long time picking cards that are neutral, good for boys and girls, or choosing some cards for boys and different ones for girls. I think these "Love Bug Valentine's" by Dandee-Designs, will be perfect for my younger daughter's friends in first grade, boys and girls.


Just in case we needed a variety of designs, I added these two fun and very creative cards- 
Valentine's Day Scratch Off Messages by Creative Carmella and  Rock n Roll Valentine's Day Cards by Classic Play... Very playful!!

Hope these projects get your imagination going...Have fun and happy crafting!!

No comments:

data-pin-hover="true"